April 21st, 2017
College Grads. What to do After Finals
It’s the end of an era, you have officially completed your last college final and what an accomplishment that is! However, a big step in your life is approaching and the real world is calling your name. Here are a few things you should have complete (or in progress) by the time finals are over: Read the rest of this entry »
April 12th, 2017
TPI Staffing is hiring 20+ Assembly Job Openings in Irving, TX
Do you want to be considered for this Assembly job opening? Attend our job fair at 4425 W. Airport Fwy, Suite 520, Irving, TX 75062 and bring 2 forms of ID and resume.
View full job description here.
Questions? Contact us today! (214) 217-9895
March 10th, 2017
TPI Staffing has 2 immediate openings for EMTs in Houston.
Read the rest of this entry »
December 27th, 2016
It’s the start of a new year – and lots of people are thinking that maybe 2017 will be the year of the new career.
If this sounds like you, you’ll want to start planning for your new job search now. Don’t just start scattering resumes across every job board in sight before taking care of a few essential items, described below. Prepare, update and skill market yourself! Happy job hunting!
Get your resume ready
Read the rest of this entry »
December 22nd, 2016
Holiday Gift Ideas for Co Workers
It’s finally Christmas time and everyone in the office is full of holiday cheer! With every holiday, the burden of giving a meaningful (yet affordable) gift to a coworker can be a daunting task filled with stress and overanalyzing. To save you the trouble, we’ve put together a list of timeless Christmas gifts for your co workers that they’ll be sure to love.
Read the rest of this entry »
September 20th, 2016
It’s National Staffing Employee Week (September 19-25)
We are offering HUGE discounts and promotional codes for you to use when placing a new job order.
PROMO CODE: ‘4HOURSFREE‘ to receive 4 free hours off your billing amount when the employee works 40 hours. This applies to office-related job orders only.
PROMO CODE: ‘FILLMYCUP’ to receive a Starbucks gift card when placing a new order this week ONLY (September 19-25) Let us fill your job order and we’ll fill your cup! (with coffee)
August 4th, 2016
Employers Guide to Heat-Illness Prevention
Are your employees operating in a non A/C warehouse or working outdoors during the hot summer months?
As employers, it is crucial to roll out a safety prevention initiative to remind employees to be mindful of heat illness and water breaks. View the OSHA Heat Safety Guide for Employers to learn more about what you can do to keep your employees safe.
We also recommend displaying heat illness prevention posters and water break reminders in your facility and break rooms.
Water break posters are also available in Spanish here.
View Health Effects of Heat – Spanish poster.
July 26th, 2016
First Day Training Ideas- For New Employees
Leaving a great first impression about the overall culture of your company can be all in the little details. Get creative with your training and have some fun while doing it. What do you find most important to cover on the 1st day of employee training? What are your essentials?
- Focus on company policies and procedures
- Go into detail on what your company does, company history and background, etc.
- Focus on company culture and incorporate some interaction with other employees
- Mainly focus on the day-to-day processes and what the job looks like
- Expectations, goals, what the position entails etc.
We came up with some some fun ideas to incorporate into your new hire welcome kit/training:
- First, to give a warm welcome, we print out a “Welcome” flyer and each employee signs it to greet the new employee.
- We like to give our new employees a binder or handbook to refer back to and take notes in throughout the week of training. We find that by implementing an outline of training expectations helps put the employee at ease while learning important information.
- We print out an office map with each employees name and department for easy reference. Can also include a list of employee extensions and direct numbers with the map.
- A Company t-shirt is also provided to wear on casual Friday’s.
- Also give them a TPI Staffing tumbler that will keep their drinks hot or cold! This is an employee favorite!
- We put a framed picture of employees on their desk.
- Have business cards made with their new email and phone number to make them feel even more part of the team- important to have on the first day.
Hiring a new employee has never been so fun! Simple ideas to incorporate into your training. Closer look at the office map and training manual.
May 23rd, 2016
Tips to Boost Employee Morale—Are you and your employees happy?
Summer is right around the corner! Are you and your coworkers in a summer slump? Are you counting down the days until your summer vacation? We’ll give you some tips on how to boost employee morale and enjoy coming to work again during the summer months! Make June, July and August fun again!
1. Weekly Awards. Each week, vote on the hardest worker, top salesperson, or most valuable employee that week. Gather votes by Thursday afternoon and announce the winner on Friday with all employees present. Print out personalized awards and put in a frame for their office or cubicle. This is a great way to recognize hard workers and may even put some pep in the “not so hardworking” employees’ step! Gives people initiative to work better and harder, and who doesn’t enjoy being recognized for their hard work? Fun game to keep your employees on their toes!
2. Employee Appreciation Gifts. Everyone may not like surprises, but this is one surprise everyone will love! Every Monday or Friday throughout the summer, place a piece of candy with positive inspiration tag on their desk. Fun ways to boost employee morale and show your appreciation. They’ll be wondering what’s up your sleeve next week!
3. Friday Happy Hour. Who doesn’t love happy hour? This non-alcoholic spin on the usual happy hour will be sure to boost employee morale and satisfy your sweet tooth. In place of alcohol, use root beer and create root beer floats!
4. Daily or Weekly Recap. Send out a mass email to all internal employees highlighting the best parts of the day, giving shout-outs to those that deserve it, or tell a short story about a positive event that took place that day or throughout the week.
5. Pot Luck Lunch. Post a sign-up sheet on the fridge in your breakroom and let people choose which course they would like to bring. It’s a fun way to showcase your cooking or baking skills and impress your coworkers!